Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thankful Day 4 & 5

Okay, again I'm a day late. But it is what it is.

Today, I'm thankful that I had the mom I had. Goodness knows we didn't always get along, but now I'm realizing how much of an impact she had on the person I've become.

What made me think of this? Probably making a cake. I spent countless hours watching her and my cousin Anna decorate the most beautiful cakes. I learned not just about making cakes, but that grownups need friends too. They had a great friendship, one that I think anyone would envy.




I also learned from her that you reap what you sow. And giving, even if it's just of your self or your time, is always worthwhile.

I am glad I learned that lesson. I spent several hours tonight with a new mom of twins who needed some pointers. She nor her husband has ever been around babies, and bless their hearts, they had twins the first rattle out of the box. It was fun to get to love on some little babies and I think she appreciated me stopping by. (I'd like to think so anyway.)

So she gets 2 days- one for her cake decorating ability and one for her give 'til it hurts attitude. Both traits she passed on, in varying amounts.

No comments: