Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Eleven (Finally!)

The Eleven 




I was tagged my my TMOM friend, Jayna, inviting me to participate in The Eleven...Which is pretty much like giving me homework. Which I handled just as I would have in high school. I put it off. And really thought about not doing it. But since she's not really a teacher or anything, I decided to do it anyway. I reserve the right to hold a grudge, though. (Kidding! It's kind of fun, actually.)


Here are the rules:


1. Post these rules.

2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random facts about you.

3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.

4. Create 11 new questions and tag new people to answer them.

5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they’ve been tagged.


So, here are my picture and random facts about myself.




1. I'm scared of mice, slugs and frogs. Random and not necessarily scary, but there you have it. Like really scared. I once had a nightmare that a slug had evolved to the point that it had the ability to jump like a frog. A slug's only redeeming quality is that I'm pretty sure I can outrun it. But if it could jump?  



2. I have some OCD traits. Obviously not when it comes to cleaning. But I do things in sets of 4. Stirring cake batter? It's going to be a multiple of 4. I sometimes still count my steps when I walk. I used to ALWAYS count my steps when I walked home from school.


3. I never liked Peeps growing up. Or really any marshmallows. But I love the Peeps with chocolate on the bottom. And those little mini marshmallows dipped in chocolate. 


4. I don't know all of the Presidents. A lot of people learned that in grade school, but not me. I probably should learn them just so I can say I know.


5. I have never smoked. Anything. It's just disgusting to me. 


6. I have the hardest time spelling the word "weird." If it wasn't for spellcheck, I'd get it wrong at least half the time. I'm a pretty good speller, but that one gets me.


7. I used to be painfully shy. I couldn't go through a drive thru by myself in high school. Nor could I go to the concession stand for myself. My friend, Nicole, always had to get my Dr. Pepper for me after lunch. And if she wasn't there, I went without. I still have some of those tendencies, I just disguise them better now. 


8. This kind of ties into my being shy thing, but I didn't pump my own gas until I'd been driving for more than a year. Either my dad or my brother would do it, or I'd go to a full service station (back when they still had those). 


9. If you ask me, I'll tell you I'm not a picky eater. But here's a little secret: I really am. I don't like any kind of seafood. I don't like meat on the bone (sometimes ribs are okay, or I can cut the meat off of a porkchop). I don't like mayo or mustard. I don't like spicy food. Or peas. Bleck! And the list goes on...


10. I have a problem with speech impediments. I wouldn't ever pick on a child or anything like that, but the Wonder Pets make me nuts. That baby talk goes all over me. It's bad enough that all of my big boys have known the term "speech impediment" for quite some time. And they know not to ask to watch a show that features characters with a lisp. Or to imitate someone with any type of speech issue. 


11. I can NOT sing. Like, it's horrible. But I still sing lullabies to the babies. And I love to sing in the car.



Here are Jayna's questions for me:


1.When was the last time you cried?

When I read Jamie Boley's "You Are My Sunshine" post. For those of you who don't know, Jamie is a TMOM friend of mine. She lost one of her twins. He was 4 months old and healthy. He started crying, then stopped breathing. The first thing she posted on Facebook after several days was: 



‎"***You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are grey you never know dear how much I love you please dont take my sunshine away,the other night dear while I lay sleepin I dreamt I held u in my arms but when I woke up I was mistaken and I hung my head and I cried....*** mommy lovesyou bryan, a piece of me is missing now..but u will always be in my heart!"


See? I cried again just looking for it to copy and paste. Ugh. 


2. What is your favorite physical feature?

On me or someone else? It probably means on me, otherwise it's too vague, huh? Probably my eyes? But I'm very critical of myself so that is hard to say.


3. What's the one thing you look forward to each day?

Well, there are really two. One is my bottled Starbucks in the morning. I'm hopelessly addicted. Some mornings that is literally what gets me out of bed. And the second is bedtime- when I change into pajamas and the kids are all settling down. I tuck the babies in and sing them their lullaby. And that means we made it through one more day with everyone in one piece and I'm not in any kind of institution. 

4.Where do you want to be in five years?


In another house. Maybe in the KC area. My life is good. It never hurts to make more money, but I'm truly blessed and there's not a lot left to ask for.


5. How did you meet your significant other?



AOL Chatroom. And I am not even making that up.


6. What is your biggest pet peeve? 



Just one? But there are sooooo many. Probably people grinding their teeth. (Like Randy- in his sleep. Some day I'm going to smother him with his pillow. When the officer asks you, play dumb though, okay?)


7. Could you ever be a contestant on Fear Factor? 



Eww. No. You have to eat weird stuff.


8. What is your guilty pleasure? 



Phineas and Ferb. I have episodes recorded and I watch them as I'm going to sleep at night.


9. What is your favorite smell? 



Lilacs. (And they're purple- win!) And of course clean babies.


10. What is the first perfume you ever purchased/wore? 



Xia Xiang or Joop! (I'm not excited about it- the "!" was part of the name, if I recall.)


11. Sweet or Sour? 



Sweet. Always. 






And now for my 11 questions:


1. What is your favorite book- or a few of your favorites?


2. If money were no object (and you could work OR stay home -whichever is your preference) would you have more children? How many?


3. What is your favorite color and why? It's got to have some memory tied to it, or remind you of something. How did it start being your favorite color? (Mine is purple, because of KState.)


4. Where would you go on a dream vacation? And would you take the kids (or anyone else, for that matter)?


5. If you were to have a baby tomorrow (Don't panic! It's not real! Breathe...) what would you name it if it was a boy? And a girl?


6. Were you better at math, English, or science in school?


7. If they ("they" being NASA or some other reasonably-trustworthy organization; if the Iranian Space Program offers, I'm definitely out) offered you a ride on a space shuttle, would you go?


8. What is your favorite recipe and where did it come from? (And don't hesitate to share, if it's not a Top Secret "If I tell you, I have to kill you" recipe!)


9. What is your most embarrassing moment?


10. What is the best piece of advice you ever received about raising kids? In general?


11. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?




And I'll be tagging Ashley, Robyn, Leanna and Donna. Hopefully a couple of them will participate. Even if you all don't want to do the whole thing, maybe you could just answer my questions- that would be fun to see. 

No comments: