So my evening went like this:
Got off work (in Broken Arrow) at 5:00
- realized I was almost out of gas on the way home.
- stopped for gas.
- called Randy to confirm which gym in Oologah.
- responded to various texts to tell parents which gym.
- got home and the babies are not dressed-Jacob is not in uniform-and no shoes on the boys. (!!)
- Randy is ready to walk out the door to work. (!!!!!!)
- I have a whopping 15 minutes until I need to leave the house.
- Randy says "You don't have to be there until 6:30."
- my head spins around- spewing pea soup a la Exoricist "It's at least a 45 minute drive!" I... reply. Loudly.
- discover Jacob's uniform in the washer, wet. Throw it in the dryer.
- dash around throwing clothes on various bodies willy-nilly. Randy wisely decided to stick around and help.
- load up the van with various trips back into the house for phones, scorebook, shoes.
- get to Oologah in record time. We're there 10 minutes early. (hehe Sorry, Honey.)
- nice guy at the door comments on how full my hands are and lets me in free. It's only 3 bucks, but hey, I'll take it.
- distribute babies to various moms and big sisters.
- as game time hits, we find out we're at the WRONG GYM.
- repeat frantic van-loading scramble from above.
- get to the other gym just in time for tip off at 7:00 (I have to mention here that the game takes about the same time as the drive to Oologah.)
But it was all worth it (I guess) because Jacob's team FINALLY WON!! 12-8 woohoo!
And after the game, I was scrambling again to let the other 4th grade team know they were at the wrong gym, too. We race home to get everyone in bed and Jacob announces he forgot his shoes. UGH! Hope they're still there Friday when we go BACK to Oologah. Seriously? lol
Welcome to my world. I love it, but it does get a wee-bit crazy some days!