Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Words of Wisdom

I used to think my Mom was nuts. She would say these...things...and I would just roll my eyes.

It's funny how your perspective changes as you grow older.

I remember when I was pregnant with Joshua and I got what I call "Pregnancy Brain." You know, where you are flaky and forgetful and it's a wonder you can even function? And I had to call Mom and I said to her, "Mom, I've lost my mind just being pregnant one time- it's a wonder you have a brain left after 7 of us!"

The wisdom I'm calling on today is what she used to tell me when we got bad news: "He will not give you more than you can handle."

I've had to call on this wisdom way too much the last couple years, but so far it's always been true. Let's hope it stays that way.

And yes, I know I'm being cryptic, but until diagnoses are final and treatment plans are in place, there is nothing to tell. Right? Miracles DO happen.


No comments: